Solo theatre progress

Today's lesson consisted of me going over the script I have so far, and incorporating movements into the performance as well as trying to start memorizing and filling in the remainder of the 4 minutes. After presenting a short section of my performance I was told to work on establishing a specific character, including the age, the characteristics and personality of the character in order to embody this character through myself, and putting aside my characteristics and methods of speaking and habits. So aside from character development I also needed to begin thinking about set design, costumes and props for my performance as a major section of the criteria refers to the awareness of design.

I created a rough design of what I wished the set design I wanted to look like, I chose to have the stage as the bedroom, the right side off the stage as the bathroom and the left side off the stage as the kitchen, although it will be further from the stage. In the kitchen there will be drawer on which the fish tank will be on.










I also began to think about the costume I will be wearing for the performance, and since the play is set at a home I thought of having my character wear pyjama pants and a plain shirt as a basis for now: 




























Comments

  1. This is fantastic; I can see your vision for your final performance evolving and that you are considering all performance elements for this along with the dialogue and movement itself. Well done....keep going!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rakugo sit down theatre

Punch and Judy

Pina Bausch