Solo theatre progress 2

Since my previous script was only 3 minutes are 30 seconds I needed to brainstorm a few ideas to add into my script so I began thinking of different ways to go about this until I found a suitable addition to my script:

(I go to bed get tucked in but then I don't find my stuffed bear, i get up and look for it)

My bear, where's my bear
I sleep with my bear every single night
It should be in here
(look around my room) it’s not in my room, where could it be?

(look right and left at both rooms)

There's only one of it and two rooms, (pause) two rooms, one of it
One bed, one of it
Under the bed? Not possible, mhm possible, but improbable, yes improbable     

(upstage right, searching for the bear again)
I can't sleep without it
(pause) I need it

(get distracted, and start walking to the other side of the stage)
But why, why do I need it?
Oh right, to sleep, I can't sleep without it
It's so cuddly, it keeps me relaxed
So I need it
(pause) cause I need my rest, without my rest im just all over the place!
(get sad and sit on the bed)

(pause) (calm down, then get up)
One of it and two rooms, two rooms and one of it  
Where could it be it? (agitated) I need it, its my friend, where is my friend!

(pause and think then head over to the bathroom)

In the bathroom? Not possible, mhm possible, but improbable, yes improbable
(pause) Hmm I think I should check there anyways  

(Enter the bathroom)

Oh god! The bathroom is filthy
Where's the clorox? I know it's in here. Oh there it is
(cleaning the bathroom)
Let me clean this right up
What a mess
One person yet such a mess
Let me clean it
Oh It’s nearly finished, need some more
So expensive, why are the prices so expensive? Tell me that.
Not possible
Ah all done
(pause) Hmm what was I up to? Oh right my bear

(pause) (looking for the bear)
Could it be in here, no, maybe here, no, what about here, no
Dammit, It's not in the bathroom either

(sigh) What do I do?
Where else could it be?
(stop and think) There's only one of it and two rooms, two rooms and one of it
(give up) (pause) you know what I don't really need it
I'll be fine on my own
I can fall asleep just fine

(pause) (go to bed, the get annoyed and get up from bed)

No no i can't sleep without it, I need my bear, I want it now!
Well It's not in my room, not in the bathroom either  

In the kitchen, not possible, mhm possible, but improbable, yes improbable
Hmm I think I should check there anyways

(enter the kitchen and see that i forgot to feed the fish)

Uh oh forgot to feed the fish
I need to feed the fish, feed the fish, the fish need to be fed  
But where’s the food. I thought I put it here but no.
Oh that’s where I put it.
(get the food) There we go, eat up little ones
Simple creatures
The bubbles, I do like the bubbles. So relaxing.
Back and forth they go, simple creatures.

(yawn) Ah I feel tired all of a sudden
Wasn’t there something I was meant to do?
Didn’t I come in here to get something?
Hmm I don't think so
(stop and think) No I was just feeding the fish, that’s it.
I should go to bed now (say it while yawning)

(on my way back to the bedroom)
Oh I got it, I was meant to call my mother today  
I guess she'll have to wait to tomorrow

I'm far too tired  


I also began to think about the lighting I wanted to use, and since I am creating a theater of the absurd piece, all of these conventions are very minimalistic, so I decided to keep one color of lighting throughout the play, regarding the innocence of the content of my script I think that white lighting would be the best fit. As for sound to maintain this theatre form's minimalism I will not be using any backtracks for my performance. Ofcourse for the props I will have the teddy bear, a pillow, representing a bed, a few blocks around the stage as 'cabinets' and then to represent a bathroom possibly a mirror as well as the clorox and for the kitchen I will have the fish bowl and fish food.


Comments

  1. This is fantastic work that demonstrates real creativity and a strong understanding of Theatre of the Absurd. I look forward to the evolution of this piece and how you bring production elements into it to enhance the performance material.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rakugo sit down theatre

Punch and Judy

Pina Bausch